The Program curriculum consists of six expert, practitioner-led modules. Each monthly module is complemented by facilitated peer-mentorship sessions, assignments and real-life project development.
- Leadership in the 21st Century – From the Inside Out
- Mobilizing high impact teams; diplomacy, strategy and enchantment
- Personal branding and professional development
- A day in the life of a world leader
- Entrepreneurship and education without borders
- The Global Startup Movement – Now and Tomorrow
- Future Forecast – Markets, Society and Technology
- Spacial Transformation – Galactic Communities and Clusters
- Startup Ecosystem 101 – Players, Motivations, Flows and Levers
- Mobilizing a Startup Ecosystem – Governance, Power and Influence
- Startup Nations, Cities and Programs of the World
- Innovative Business Models and Sustainability
- Paths to Project Sustainability & Growth
- New Startup Business Models
- Social Impact Business Models
- Creativity, Innovation and Thinking Outside of the Box
- Branding, Visibility and Media 101
- The Art of Story Telling and Network Building at the Level of the Local and the Global
- The Expert from the Outside
- Social Media and the Democratization of Information
- Razzle-Dazzle Them – Traditional Print and Broadcast Media
- Creating your Own Media Property
- Commencement Address by Global Leader
WHO ARE THE FELLOWS?
The Global Fellows are selected from a pool of ambitious applicants aged 18 to 32 from anywhere in the world who are currently spearheading projects, startups, organizations or activities with strong mandates to drive transformational change through advancing micro or macro entrepreneurship.
HOW TO BECOME A FELLOW?
The selection process is based upon accomplishment and potential and is highly competitive.
Applicants granted Fellow status will have demonstrated vision, capability, passion and commitment to making a significant impact on the entrepreneurial ecosystem within their community, country of residence or globally.
They will have an active forward-thinking and difference-making project or startup that serves toward the advancement of the entrepreneurship movement.
- Be aged 18-32;
- Be committed to a minimum 8 hours per month of active participationin the program;
- Commit to attending monthly learning sessions and peer-mentorshipsessions online;
- Deliver monthly blog / vlog ruminations for publication onstartupgen.org;
- Clearly articulate how the program will advance their leadership,knowledge and professional acumen and accelerate the growth of theirproject’s impact; and,
- Demonstrate the impact their project will have on the entrepreneurial movement at the local, national or global level.
Upon completion of the six-month program, providing that the Fellow has attended all elements and completed all deliverables, Startup Generation will award Fellowship Certificates in association with its partner academic institutions to the Fellows.
Upon successful completion of the program, Fellows are inducted into the Startup Generation Alumni Network where they can continue working with and learning from their peers. Based on the progress of their project over six months, the alumni network may be granted access and support to crowd-fund their projects via StartupGen.org
All applications must be received no later than October 16, 2013. Click here to apply.
Only 24 top young leaders will be invited to participate in the first Cohort. The first Cohort of the Startup Generation Fellowship Program runs November 2013 to May 2014.
Applicants accepted into the six-month fellowship program are responsible for covering tuition of $295 +HST CDN. Three scholarships will be awarded within each cohort for deserving candidates who could not otherwise participate.
For more information contact Hello@startupcan.ca